Building

The Centennial Fine Arts Center is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

The White Pine Community Choir Association (WPCCA) is restoring the historic Ely LDS Stake Tabernacle, now known as the Centennial Fine Arts Center (CFAC). This building was designed in the Colonial Revival style by Joseph Van Carlos Young, a grandson of Brigham Young, and was completed in 1927. The building was used by the LDS Church until 1977, when a new stake center was built several miles away. The CFAC building is a prominent feature in Ely, Nevada’s downtown on Aultman Street.

The WPCCA bought the building in 1986, and for the next 30 years used it for weekly choir rehearsals and performances, as well as other community events such as quilt shows, dance recitals, and periodic meetings for organizations such as the Lincoln Highway Association. Additionally, the downstairs area is a large open space, perfect for cheer and gymnastics, and it has been rented out for this purpose for about ten years.

The CFAC was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. As the building approaches a century old, restorations and renovations are critical to preserve this landmark location.

More detailed information about the CFAC can be found here.